As we begin the transformation of the ambulance box to our mog- based living quarters we want to credit the folks at Tern Overland for giving our heads a shake. Coming across their website and communicating with David was a godsend.
“Among our core principles is the belief that the greatest luxuries are the ones you don’t have to carry, the systems you don’t have to maintain, and the widgets you don’t have to keep track of. Travel light, travel small, and feel the freedom it brings!”
Overall objectives for our project:
- Durable, efficient, reliable, user friendly
- Critical devices have a back-up option
- Technical areas made readily and easily accessible for repairs and maintenance
- Weights and dimensions should be suited to carry our living box and equipment without being pushed to the limit.
- Optimal balance of weight distribution
Unlike many expedition campers ours will not feature electronics or many gadgets. It’s back to basics and simplicity with a focus on necessity. With the actual ambulance box on hand it’s time to deal with the stretchers.
Why bother disassembling when you’ve got a friend with a fork-lift?
Now we can obtain accurate measurements.